- The state of being precise or exact; exactness.
- The ability of a measurement to be reproduced consistently.
- (mathematics) The number of significant digits to which a value may be measured reliably.
the state of being precise or exact; exactness
the ability of a measurement to be reproduced consistently
the number of significant digits to which a value may be measured reliably
the consistency of a number in a linear equation
precision (not comparable)
- Used for exact or precise measurement.
- Made, or characterized by accuracy.
2011 October 1, John Sinnott, “Aston Villa 2 - 0 Wigan”, in BBC Sport:
- But there was nothing he could do about Villa's second when Agbonlahor crossed from the left and Bent finished with a precision volley.
precision f (plural precisions)
- precision (quality of being precise)