Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmɛʒ.ə.mənt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American), IPA(key): /ˈmɛʒ.ɚ.mənt/, /ˈmɛʒ.ɚ.mɛnt/
measurement (plural measurements)
- The act of measuring.
- Hyponyms: see Thesaurus:measurement
- Value (quantity, magnitude, extent or amount) determined by an act of measuring.
- 2013 June 22, “Snakes and ladders”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 76:
- Risk is everywhere. […] For each one there is a frighteningly precise measurement of just how likely it is to jump from the shadows and get you. “The Norm Chronicles” […] aims to help data-phobes find their way through this blizzard of risks.
act of measuring
magnitude determined by measuring
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked