Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of a marine region) Under a level of protection where nobody is permitted to remove any fish or other organisms.
- 2004, J Brooke Shipley, Aquatic protected areas as fisheries management tools:
- Here we provide 17 reasons why there is a strong scientific, management, and public interest in using no-take marine reserves to build sustainable fisheries and protect marine ecosystems.
- 2006, Michael Lockwood, Graeme Worboys, Ashish Kothari, Managing protected areas: a global guide
- There are also other flow-on benefits for many species in areas outside a no-take area - for example, spill-over of adults and juvenile fishes, as well as larval recruitment...