Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Not on the shore (such as drilling for oil in the ocean)
- Not having a shore; shoreless
- (business) pertaining to virtual business operations or services conducted outside the country, in an adjacent country where there is no shore between the countries, or conducted independent of a geographical location.
- 1974. Consumer energy act of 1974: Hearings, Ninety-third Congress, United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce, page 1658.
- The costs of exploring offshore areas and Alaska are about ten times the typical noshore drilling.