Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resembling or characteristic of a novel.
- 1919, George Saintsbury, A history of the French novel: to the close of the 19th century: Volume 2:
- Yet he managed to throw over the most unlikely material a novelish or at least a romantic character, which is sometimes — nay, very often — utterly wanting in professed and admitted masters of the business […]
- 1973, Oliver Sacks, Awakenings
- Two such books dawned in me when I first saw our post-encephalitic patients: Compulsion and Constraint (a study of subcortical disorders and mechanisms) and People of the Abyss (a novelish, Jack Londonish book).