Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having nuances; possessed of multiple layers of detail, pattern, or meaning
- The setting sunlight played through the gently waving branches, creating subtly nuanced transitions of color and tone as the shadows swept back and forth in the rosy glow.
- 1989, R. Kent Hughes, Preaching the Word: 1-9:1:
- I would like to have heard his intonation delicately nuanced so as to carry the greatest punch. I would like to have seen the changes of expression that played across his face as he spoke.
- 1998, Meredith Parsons Lillich, The Queen of Sicily and Gothic Stained Glass in Mussy and Tonnerre:
- ...the pattern normally straightens into an almost pure latticework of identical quarries and the foliage painting becomes much more nuanced and delicate.