Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
numskull (plural numskulls)
- (pejorative) A dunce, mentally dull or stupid person.
- (pejorative) A person who refuses to learn or grow mentally.
- That numskull will never learn how to compose a letter.
- A traditional name for a fool who serves as the butt of jokes about stupidity.
Numskull is often capitalized as the fictitious name of the traditional fictional butt of jokes.
- See also Wikisaurus:fool
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967