Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, idiomatic) to give (thanks, praise) to God
- (transitive, idiomatic) to sacrifice
- (transitive, idiomatic) to provide (something great)
- 2011 October 1, Tom Fordyce, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 16-12 Scotland”, in BBC Sport:
- But the World Cup winning veteran's left boot was awry again, the attempt sliced horribly wide of the left upright, and the saltires were waving aloft again a moment later when a long pass in the England midfield was picked off to almost offer up a breakaway try.