on the right track
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Using the correct general approach to a particular task or problem; pursuing something in a promising way.
- Antonym: on the wrong track
- I don't think he has the final answer just yet, but he seems to be on the right track.
- 1955, Ray Charles, Greenbacks
- She looked at me with that familiar desire
- Her eyes lit up like they were on fire
- She said, "My name's Flo, and you're on the right track,
- But look here, daddy, I wear furs on my back,
- So if you want to have fun in this man's land,
- Let Lincoln and Jackson start shaking hands."