Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: one track mind
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) That said to be possessed by someone who is obsessed with something or only able to think of one thing.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:obstinacy
- He has a one-track mind. All he ever talks about is trains and railroads.
- 1970, Alline Bullock (lyrics), “Funkier Than a Mosquito's Tweeter”, in Workin’ Together, performed by Ike & Tina Turner:
- You're nothing but a dirty, dirty old man / You do your thinking with a one-track mind
- 2018, “One Track Mind”, in AMERICA, performed by Thirty Seconds to Mars ft. A$AP Rocky:
- I have a one-track mind, I have a one track-mind / There is a method to the madness, to the madness / Gotta have a one-track mind