over- + browse
overbrowse (third-person singular simple present overbrowses, present participle overbrowsing, simple past and past participle overbrowsed)
- (transitive, intransitive) To browse (eat vegetation) too much, to the detriment of the environment.
- 1995, David B Rockwell, Glacier National Park: a natural history guide
- As their numbers peak, the hares begin to overbrowse aspen and other plants.
- 1999, Allan Savory, Jody Butterfield, Holistic management: a new framework for decision making
- The few elephants that remained continued to overbrowse the trees, now ripping the bark off them as well and speeding their demise.