First attested in November 1999; a calque of the German übersichtlich: über → over + Sicht → sight + -lich → -ly.
oversightly (comparative more oversightly, superlative most oversightly)
- (rare, of a graphical user interface) Offering a clear and readily grasped overview (of something).
- 1999 November 21st, Henrik Egedorf, rec.photo.equipment.35mm, “Re: Nikon 8008 and N70” (see the original message)
- If you don’t like the look, feel and handling of the camera – don’t buy it! I have it, and I like the oversightly LCD display.
- 2006 December 6th, Bram Vink, rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad, “Re: Pack Alpha Ponderings” (see the original message)
- It’s better (more oversightly, less buggy) than the vtesonline engine.
- 2009 September 15th, Jonathan L Cunningham, rec.arts.sf.composition, “Re: OT: news reader software” (see the original message)
- [2009 September 9th, Tina Hall]: Very ‘uebersichtlich’…which means it’s easy to over-look (not meaning ‘miss’) and use at a glance, everything in its proper place.
- I’d translate it as “oversightly”…mean[ing] something like “giving a good oversight of (itself)”.