Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pacemaker (plural pacemakers)
- One who sets the pace in a race, to guide the others.
- (anatomy) A set of nerves which stimulate the heart to beat.
- (hence, medicine) A medical implement that is used to stimulate a heart to beat by simulating the action of the natural pacemaker.
one who sets the pace in a race
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (sports) a pacemaker, one who sets the pace
- (medicine) a pacemaker, an implant that stimulates the heart to beat
Declension of pacemaker