pack on (third-person singular simple present packs on, present participle packing on, simple past and past participle packed on)
- (transitive, informal) To add (fat, muscle, etc.) so as to increase mass or bulk.
- 2006, Joel Marion, Men's Fitness, Dec/Jan, p. 102:
- Most strength coaches agree that to gain an inch on your arms, you have to pack on at least 10 pounds of body mass.
- 2010, Margaret Munro, "Dad's eating habits weigh heavily on offspring: study," Vancouver Sun, 21 Oct. (Canada) (retrieved 13 Nov 2010):
- The nine males packed on so much fat their weight increased to more than 700 grams.