peace of mind
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The absence of mental turmoil or anxiety.
- Synonyms: calmness, inner peace, peace, peacefulness, repose, serenity, tranquillity; see also Thesaurus:calmness
- 1726, Jonathan Swift, chapter 18, in Gulliver's Travels:
- These people are under continual disquietudes, never enjoying a minute's peace of mind.
- 1838, Charles Dickens, chapter 32, in Oliver Twist:
- Who can describe the pleasure and delight, the peace of mind and soft tranquillity, the sickly boy felt in the balmy air, and among the green hills and rich woods, of an inland village!
- 1978, “Heart of Glass”, in Parallel Lines, performed by Blondie:
- In between, what I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine / Love is so confusing, there's no peace of mind
- 2006 April 15, “Dalai Lama: Tibet Wants Autonomy, Not Independence”, in Time, retrieved 26 May 2015:
- Peace of mind is good for health, good for community, good for family, and also for physical growth.
absence of mental stress
- “peace of mind”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.