Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɚˈteɪnɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪnɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -eɪn
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: per‧tain‧ing
pertaining (plural pertainings)
- Something that pertains; an appurtenance.
- 1869, Horace Bushnell, Women's suffrage: the reform against nature, page 90:
- When, I say, these things are duly considered as pertainings of a woman's lot, we might almost justify them in a riot against natural sexhood itself, if there were any thing to be gained by it.