Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪn
- (intransitive) to belong to or be a part of; be an adjunct, attribute, or accessory of
- (intransitive) to relate, to refer, be relevant to
- (intransitive) To apply; to be or remain in place; to continue to be applicable
- In all the above senses, pertain is followed by to (or formerly by unto, as in The King James Version of The Bible and in the plays of Shakespeare, although to is used in these works as well).
- 1989, Sort out any booklets or manuals that pertain to the heating system or any other fixture that you are leaving behind. — One's company, Underwood, Lynn, Southampton: Ashford.
- be irrelevant
to relate, to refer
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked: "to relate, to refer"