Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having a surface marked by pits; pockmarked or alveolate
- (of fruit) Having had the pits removed
- (of a maintenance area) Provided with one or more inspection pits.
- 1961 December, “The S.R.'s new electric m.u. maintenance depot at Ashford”, in Trains Illustrated, page 757:
- Forming a fifth bay alongside the main maintenance area is a running shed, 320ft long and 69ft 6in wide, with four roads pitted for a length of 229ft; [...].
Surface marked by pits or small holes