Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Note: The complaint is now at Wiktionary:Requests_for_cleanup/archive/2013/Unresolved_requests#pixilated.
- behaving in an eccentric manner, as though led by pixies.
1936 April 12, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (Film):
- Jane Faulkner: They think he's pixilated.
- Amy Faulkner: Oh, yes. Pixilated. […]
- Board member: Perhaps I can explain, your honor. The word "pixilated" is an early American expression derived from the word "pixies", meaning elves. They would say the pixies had got him. As we nowadays would say, a man is "barmy".
- Do not confuse pixilated with pixelated.