Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The act of plagiarizing: the copying of another person's ideas, text, or other creative work, and presenting it as one's own, especially without permission.
- Even if it's not illegal, plagiarism is usually frowned upon.
- Copy from one, it's plagiarism. Copy from two, it's research.
- (uncountable) Text or other work resulting from this act.
- The novel was awash in plagiarism, with entire passages lifted verbatim.
copying of someone's ideas
act of plagiarizing or something plagiarized