Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: powerplant
- A station built for the production of electric power; a power station.
- All of this areas power comes from the nuclear power plant across the river.
2012 May 20, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Marge Gets A Job” (season 4, episode 7; originally aired 11/05/1992)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Fortuitously, Marge is looking for a job after an endless hiatus from the working world. After Lisa helps her mother “polish” up her résumé so that she now appears to be the most accomplished woman in the world, Marge lands a job at the power plant operating a machine her ridiculously padded résumé claims she helped invent.
- The portion of a vehicle devoted to providing energy for motion; the engine or motor.
- A train without the power plant is just a bunch of metal boxes on wheels.
power station — see power station