Jump to navigation Jump to search
practicing (not comparable)
- Actively engaged in a profession.
- My uncle is a practicing dentist.
- Participating in the rituals and mores of a religion.
Practicing is the common spelling in American English. British and Commonwealth English use practising.
- (participating in the rituals and mores of a religion): devout
- (actively engaged in a profession): nonpracticing
- (participating in the rituals and mores of a religion): nonpracticing, lapsed
practicing (plural practicings)
- The act of one who practices.