Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɹiˈkæst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pɹiːˈkɑːst/
- Rhymes: -æst, -ɑːst
- Hyphenation: pre‧cast
precast (not comparable)
- Cast previously in another location.
- The bridge used precast concrete girders.
- 2009 January 22, Jim Robbins, “The Logless Log Home”, in New York Times:
- Except that in their case, the logs are made from precast concrete shaped and painted to look like the real thing.
- 2021 July 14, Paul Stephen, “A portal into the future”, in RAIL, number 935, page 52. photo caption:
- Each TBM installs two-metre-wide rings made up of seven precast concrete segments produced on-site. Each ring takes approximately 45 minutes to one hour to install.
- Structural members made of concrete, ready for installation.
- To cast in a location other than where to be installed.