Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to presentism; viewing the past with a perspective limited to present-day attitudes and beliefs.
- '"Many people lost their perspective in their euphoria and became parochial and presentist." (Wellman and Hogan, 2004)
- "To read him as defensively fashioning what we now call a "black identity" is presentist." (McWhorter, 2009).
- Barry Wellman and Bernie Hogan (2004). "The Immanent Internet." Pp. 54-80 in Netting Citizens: Exploring Citizenship in a Digital Age, edited by Johnston McKay. Edinburgh: St. Andrew Press.
- John McWhorter (2009), "The Entertainer: Louis Armstrong's Underrated Legacy." The New Yorker, December 14, 2009, p. 89.