- (opera) The principal female singer or the leading lady.
- A person who considers himself or herself much more important than others, has high expectations of others and becomes angry when his or her standards or demands are not met.
- 2018 January 1, Donald McRae, “The Guardian footballer of the year 2017: Juan Mata”, in the Guardian:
- This year Mata has done more than anyone to give fresh belief that professional football is not only built on greed and staggering wages for its strutting prima donnas. The Manchester United and Spain midfielder, instead, has broken new ground and begun to use football’s power and wealth to help ordinary people around the world.
- (self-important person) diva
person who considers themself important
- Alternative spelling of