Jump to navigation Jump to search
- That investigates or explores deeply; that attempts to elicit information that is concealed.
- He was unsettled by her probing questions.
- 1953, Isaac Asimov, The Caves of Steel
- He was not sure he wanted too probing an inquiry into the state of his health.
probing (plural probings)
- The action of investigating or exploring.
- 2016 June 11, Phil McNulty, “England 1-1 Russia”, in BBC Sport:
- Rooney was the subject of some mischievous probing from the Russia media before the game as they suggested his retreat into midfield was a measure of his declining powers.