- Tediously lengthy.
1843, G. C. Leonardo Sismondi., “Bossi—Necrologia”, in The Quarterly Review, volume 72, number 144, page 333:
- People who have blamed [Jean Charles Léonard de] Sismondi as unnecessarily prolix cannot have considered the crowd of details presented by the history of Italy.
- 2007, Nick Cave, We Call Upon The Author:
- Prolix! Prolix! Nothing a pair of scissors can't fix!
tending to use large or obscure words, which few understand
- (Balearic, Central) IPA(key): /pɾuˈliks/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /pɾoˈliks/
- Rhymes: -iks
- Homophone: prolixs