Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) Information that has been filed with or recorded by a government agency.
- The city's annual budget is in the public record, so if we want, we can go back and see how it's changed over time.
- Political donations are a matter of public record; your vote is private, but anyone can see how you donate.
- Though not all of the public record is necessarily accessible to the general public, phrases such as in the public record and a matter of public record nonetheless carry the implication of public availability.
- Being a matter of public record (see above); being in the public record.