Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To behave like a queen; to be superior or conceited.
- 1913, D. H. Lawrence, Sons and Lovers
- But while she was with the Morels she queened it. She sat and let Annie or Paul wait on her as if they were her servants.
- 1972, Gordon Mackenzie, Marylebone: Great City North of Oxford Street
- Most of the fashionable notabilities were to be seen there, and as she had queened it over the stage, so with her formidable presence and resounding tones, she queened it over London society for a couple of decades.