From quiet + -en (verbal suffix).
quieten (third-person singular simple present quietens, present participle quietening, simple past and past participle quietened)
- (transitive) To make quiet.
- (intransitive) To become quiet.
The use of "quieten" is not very common in US English; the use of "quiet" as a verb is more often found.
- Second-person plural (ustedes) present subjunctive form of quietar.
- Third-person plural (ellos, ellas, also used with ustedes?) present subjunctive form of quietar.
- Second-person plural (ustedes) imperative form of quietar.