Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) to calm; to calm down (to make calm)
- Acalme seus filhos, senão expulso vocês da loja.
- Calm your children down or I will throw you out of the store.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to calm down (to become calm)
- Tomei um chá para me acalmar.
- I drank some tea in order to calm down.
- (intransitive or takes a reflexive pronoun) to calm down (to become less agitated)
- O barulho das folhas acalmou.
- The noise of the leaves calmed down.
- Depois da tempestade, o mar se acalmou.
- After the storm, the sea calmed down.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb acalmar
- Obsolete form of .
Conjugation of acalmar (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)