Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: rail head
railhead (plural railheads)
- (rail transport) A point on a railway system where goods are loaded, unloaded or transferred to other transport.
- 2019 October, John Glover, “Heathrow rail expansion”, in Modern Railways, page 71:
- It would also offer an important opportunity to move construction materials in bulk, using a new railhead.
- The furthest point on a railroad/railway under construction to which rails have been laid.
- (military) An area of hostile territory at the end of a rail line that, when captured, serves for the continuous movement into position of further troops and material.