Jump to navigation Jump to search
rammer (plural rammers)
- A device used to ram; a ramrod.
- Now use your rammer to pack it tightly into the barrel.
- 1853, Charles Dickens, Household Words (volume 6, page 387)
- A "mooner," fond of staring into shop windows, or watching the labourers pulling up the pavement to inspect the gas-pipes, or listening stolidly to the dull "pech" of the paviour's rammer on the flags.
- 1894 May, Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book, London; New York, N.Y.: Macmillan and Co., published June 1894, OCLC 752934375:
- […] I put my waterproof over the muzzle of one gun, and made a sort of wigwam with two or three rammers that I found, and lay along the tail of another gun […]
- One who rams.
- When we meet head-on the question will be which of us will be the rammer and which the rammed.
rammer m or f
- present of