Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Distant from the lives and everyday concerns of ordinary people; esoteric, exclusive, select.
- Philosophical debates can be quite rarefied.
- Elevated in style or nature, sublime; of high intellectual or moral value.
- (of a gas etc.) Less dense than usual; thin.
- The air at high altitudes at the top of mountains is rarefied.
distant from the lives and concerns of ordinary people
elevated in style or nature
less dense than usual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of