Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- distant from lives and everyday concerns of ordinary people; esoteric, exclusive, select
- Philosophical debates can be quite rarefied.
- elevated in style or nature, sublime; of high intellectual or moral value
- (of a gas etc.) less dense than usual; thin
- The air at high altitudes at the top of mountains is rarefied.
distant from the lives and concerns of ordinary people
less dense than usual
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- simple past tense and past participle of