Jump to navigation Jump to search
reata (plural reatas)
- A lariat or lasso.
- 1994, Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing:
- The riders overtook them laughing and circled the cart at a full gallop until one of them took down his reata and dropped a loop over the mule’s head and brought it to a halt.
lasso — see lasso
From reatar (“retie”).
reata f (plural reatas)
- rope, lasso
- single file
- (Guatemala, Mexico, vulgar) penis
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:pene
- (Honduras, colloquial) drunkenness
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:borrachera