Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
recapture (plural recaptures)
- The act of capturing again.
- The recapture of the escaped prisoner made the news.
- That which is captured back; a prize retaken.
- to capture something for a second or subsequent time, especially after a loss
- The warden hoped to recapture the escaped prisoners before they reached the town.
- New engine designs permit the vehicle to recapture the kinetic energy lost through braking
2012 September 7, Phil McNulty, “Moldova 0-5 England”, BBC Sport:
- Gerrard was replaced by Michael Carrick at the start of the second half and a sloppy passage of play followed in which England struggled to recapture the momentum and rhythm of their earlier work.