Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Happening or occurring frequently, with repetition.
- He has recurring asthma attacks.
- Revenge is a recurring theme in this novel.
- (mathematics) Of a decimal: having a set of digits that is repeated indefinitely.
- Every rational number can be written as either a terminating decimal or a recurring decimal.
math:having a set of digits that is repeated indefinitely
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
recurring (plural recurrings)
- A recurrence; a coming round again.
- 2009, Marty, Martin E., A Cry of Absence: Reflections for the Winter of the Heart, page 21:
- Winter, here, is a dimension of all reality, not one-fourth of the spiritual year's endless recurrings.