Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To feed (a person or organism) again, especially after a period of starvation or malnourishment.
- 1997, David M. Garner, “Psychoeducational principles in treatment”, in Garner & Garfinkel, editors, Handbook of Treatment for Eating Disorders, 2nd ed., →ISBN, page 156:
- The group of volunteers who received a relatively small increment in calories during refeeding (400 calories more than during semistarvation) had no rise in BMR for the first 3 weeks.
- (transitive) To feed (material) back into a machine.
refeed (plural refeeds)
- The process of feeding again.