regenerator (plural regenerators)
- One who, or that which, regenerates.
- (engineering) A device used in connection with hot-air engines, gas-burning furnaces, etc., in which the incoming air or gas is heated by being brought into contact with masses of iron, brick, etc., which have been previously heated by the outgoing, or escaping, hot air or gas.
- (heating device): recuperator
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for regenerator in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- second-person singular future passive imperative of
- third-person singular future passive imperative of