Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To find a new home for (especially a pet).
- The cat recovered after treatment by a vet and has now been rehomed.
- 2021 February 10, “Stop & Examine”, in RAIL, number 924, page 70:
- Lucy added: "Working in a busy station means that acquiring animals on shift isn't particularly unusual. At the start of lockdown last year, we had to rehome a baby dove.
- (transitive) To find a new family for (one or more adopted children) without using official adoption agencies.