religion + -tard
religitard (plural religitards)
- (slang, derogatory) An adherent of a religion, especially one who is dogmatic.
2008 June 2, Gwen, “Re: God made pre-humans into people, Vatican newspaper says”, in alt.abortion, Usenet:
- Come on you, religitards: Prove your God exists and I'll shut the hell up.
2012 May 2, chibiabos [username], “Re: "At Ease, Moron!!!"”, in alt.atheism, Usenet:
- I understand the problem religitards have with Sodom, but what did Gomorrah ever do?
2013 April 3, Barry OGrady, “Re: My question to CMI”, in aus.religion.christian, Usenet:
- I find it somewhat amusing that religitards get offended by the notion that they are related to other primates, but react with pride when they are referred to a[sic] flock of sheep.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:religitard.