Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- adhærent (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
- Adhesive, sticking to something.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Alexander Pope to this entry?)
- Having the quality of clinging or sticking fast to something.
- (botany) Attaching or pressing against a different organ.
that has the quality of clinging
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
adherent (plural adherents)
- A person who has membership in some group, association or religion.
a person who has membership in some group
adherent m, f (masculine and feminine plural adherents)
adhèrent m (Cyrillic spelling адхѐрент)
Declension of adherent