remobilization (plural remobilizations)
- The return of a substance to circulation within a system, such as substances which had been locked in sediments.
- 2004, A.J. Wilson et al., “In-channel storage of fine sediment in rivers of Southwest England”, in Sediment Transfer Through the Fluvial System, →ISBN, page 293:
- The sediment content of this sample was assumed to reflect the remobilization of fine sediment mantling the surface and contained within the bed material matrix.
- (medicine) A return to mobility.
- 1961, I.F. Dersch, US Patent 3088457: Therapeutic Device, page 4:
- this result is entirely satisfactory and offers possibilities of gradual remobilization of unfit individuals or inducing them to take a first step towards renewing active lives.