- Something that is rented.
- It's just a rental, so I don't need to take very good care of it.
- The payment made to rent something.
- A business that rents out something to its customers.
- An act of renting.
- (sports) A player traded to a team with a year or less on his contract
2012, Sean Pronger, Journeyman: The Many Triumphs (and Even More Defeats) Of A Guy Who's Seen Just About Everything in the Game of Hockey:
- [When the trade deadline approaches], Everyone wants to talk about which preening millionaire is going to be shipped out of town because he can't get along with his GM, or what veteran is going to finally get a shot at a Cup, or which guy is going to a contender as a "rental." Sure, it's gossip. Is that so wrong?
rental (not comparable)