Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
republique (plural republiques)
- Obsolete form of republic.
1651, Fulgenzio Micanzio, The Life of the Most Learned Father Paul, page 201:
- He lived in the world ſeaventie one years , which was a decrepit age if you conſider his complexion, or his conſummate wiſdome and perfection on of vertue , and his either deſires or hopes to live being but too ſhort a time if you conſider the ſervice that the publique received from him, or the common deſire that was afterward of him becauſe it concerned the moſt excellent republique, that his ſervice ſhould have beene as durable as it was faithfull.
republique f (plural republiques)
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of republicar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of republicar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of republicar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of republicar.