Jump to navigation Jump to search
residuary (not comparable)
- Of or relating to a residue; residual; left over, when the main portion has been removed.
- 1959, Anthony Burgess, Beds in the East (The Malayan Trilogy), published 1972, page 509:
- Between residuary sobs she drank it like water, sitting up, Robert Loo on the bed's edge, his finger-tips on the base of the glass.
- (law) With respect to a will, relating to the portion of an estate which was not disposed of in the will, or for which the directions in the will could not be carried out.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
residuary (plural residuaries)
- One who receives the residue of an estate.