Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
residue (plural residues)
- Whatever remains after something else has been removed.
- (chemistry) The substance that remains after evaporation, distillation, filtration or any similar process.
- (biochemistry) An amino acid forming part of a polypeptide chain.
- (law) Whatever property or effects are left in an estate after payment of all debts, other charges and deduction of what is specifically bequeathed by the testator.
- (mathematics) A form of complex number, proportional to the contour integral of a meromorphic function along a path enclosing one of its singularities.
substance that remains after evaporation, distillation, filtration
property or effects remaining in an estate after deduction of debts, charges and bequests
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
residue f pl