- remnaunt (obsolete)
remnant (plural remnants)
- The small portion remaining of a larger thing or group.
- The remaining fabric at the end of the bolt.
- Usually not enough to make an entire project by itself, remnants of several fabrics can be used to make quilts.
- An unsold end of piece goods, as cloth, ribbons, carpets, etc.
small portion remaining of a larger thing or group
remaining fabric at the end of the bolt
unsold end of piece goods
remnant (not comparable)
- (archaic) Remaining; still left.
- Because of the remnant dregs of his disease.
- And quiet dedicate her remnant life / To the just duties of an humble wife.
- remnant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- remnant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- “remnant” at OneLook Dictionary Search