Jump to navigation Jump to search
- remnaunt (obsolete)
remnant (plural remnants)
- The small portion remaining of a larger thing or group.
- The remaining fabric at the end of the bolt.
- Usually not enough to make an entire project by itself, remnants of several fabrics can be used to make quilts.
- An unsold end of piece goods, as cloth, ribbons, carpets, etc.
- (small remaining portion): relic, residue, remainder, lave; See also Thesaurus:remainder
- (unsold end of piece goods): remains
small portion remaining of a larger thing or group
remaining fabric at the end of the bolt
unsold end of piece goods
remnant (not comparable)
- (archaic) Remaining; still left.
- remnant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- remnant in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- remnant at OneLook Dictionary Search