Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Coupon
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkuːˌpɒn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkuːˌpɑn/, /ˈkjuːˌpɑn/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US Inland North) (file)
coupon (plural coupons)
- A section of a ticket, showing the holder to be entitled to some specified accommodation or service, as to a passage over a designated line of travel, a particular seat in a theater, a discount, etc.
- A voucher issued by a manufacturer or retailer which offers a discount on a particular product.
- (finance, obsolete) A certificate of interest due, printed at the bottom of transferable bonds (state, railroad, etc.), given for a term of years, designed to be cut off and presented for payment when the interest is due; an interest warrant.
- (finance) Any interest payment made or due on a bond, debenture or similar (no longer by a physical coupon).
- (Britain, politics, historical) The letter sent to parliamentary candidates at the 1918 general election, endorsing them as official representatives of the coalition government.
- (Scotland) A person's face.
- (section of a ticket giving the holder some entitlement): voucher
certificate of interest due
interest payment made or due on a bond
section of a ticket giving the holder some entitlement
voucher which offers a discount on a particular product
- To use coupons to a such extent that makes the user actively looking for coupons in magazines, online and whatever they can be found.
- Jenna coupons and she goes through three magazines a day to find the coupons.
coupon m (plural coupons)
- coupon (certificate of interest due)
- An oddment or offcut, a short rest of fabric remaining from a bolt (roll) or large piece. 
- Arabic: كُوبُون (kūbōn), كُوبُون (kupōn)
- → Belarusian: купо́н (kupón)
- → Bulgarian: купо́н (kupón)
- → Catalan: cupó
- → Crimean Tatar: kupon
- → Danish: kupon
- → English: coupon
- → Galician: cupón
- → German: Coupon, Kupon
- → Finnish: kuponki
- → Georgian: კუპონი (ḳuṗoni)
- → Japanese: クーポン (kūpon)
- → Italian: coupon
- → Korean: 쿠폰 (kupon)
- → Norwegian:
- → Persian: کوپن (kupon)
- → Polish: kupon
- → Portuguese: cupão, cupom
- → Russian: купо́н (kupón)
- → Serbo-Croatian:
- → Spanish: cupón
- → Swedish: kupong
- → Thai: คูปอง (kuu-bpɔɔng)
- → Turkish: kupon
- → Ukrainian: купо́н (kupón)