Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɜːnz/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɝnz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)nz
- Hyphenation: re‧turns
- plural of
- (plural only) Merchandise returned to the retailer, wholesaler or supplier.
- 2002, Irina Dunn, The writer's guide, page 129:
- The number of unsold books that booksellers return to publishers (called the rate of returns) has been averaging between 25 per cent and 35 per cent.
- A mild, light-coloured kind of tobacco.
- (law) The rendering back of a writ to the proper officer.
- (military) The return of the soldiers fit for duty.
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of return