- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɜːnz/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɝnz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)nz
- Hyphenation: re‧turns
- plural of
- (plural only) Merchandise returned to a retailer or wholesaler by a purchaser.
- (plural only) Unsold merchandise returned to the supplier.
2002, Irina Dunn, The writer's guide, page 129:
- The number of unsold books that booksellers return to publishers (called the rate of returns) has been averaging between 25 per cent and 35 per cent.
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of return